mh flexible coupling
Cast iron, Rubber material
Standard and non-standard coupling available
We are the leading top Chinese coupling manufacturer, and are specializing in various high quality MH Coupling.
1. Material: Cast iron, Rubber.
2. OEM and ODM are available
3. High efficient in transmission
4. Finishing: Blacken,Painted.
5. High quality with competitive price
6. Different models suitable for your different demands
7. Stock for different bore size on both sides available.
8. Application in wide range of environment.
9. Quick and easy mounting and disassembly.
10. Resistant to oil and electrical insulation.
11. Identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics.
12. Small dimension, low weight, high transmitted torque.
13. It has good performance on compensating the misalignment.
14.Coupling Type :MH-55, MH-65, MH-80,MH-90,MH-115, MH-130,MH-145,MH-175,MH-200,MH-230
MH couplings are offered in the industry’s largest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations. These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion power transmission applications. Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors.
|Material||C45 steel, Alloy steel, Aluminum, Rubber and plastic etc|
|Heat treatment||High frequency quenching heat treatment, hardened teeth|
|Surface treatment||Blacken,color painting, or customer requirement|
|Performance||High precision, high wear resistance, low noise, smooth and steady, high strength|
|Model number||MH-55, MH-65, MH-80,MH-90,MH-115, MH-130,MH-145,MH-175,MH-200,MH-230|
|Payment,minimum order and delivery||T/T ,LC, Delivery time is Negotiation|
|Packaging||Carton box or customer requirement.|
More than 20 years advanced technology and experience of us will give strong support for the MH coupling you need. We will understand your need of product quickly, and give quick respond and good service. A lot of cases of our products will show you that it worth your trust.
Under the full quality control system, our products go through the precise product line and strict testing process. We have excellent working flow and standard to ensure stability, products reliable enough for using.
Take our scale economy, raw material superiority, and CHINAMFG for clients to account, our price do have a great competitiveness. They are good value and cost effective than your imagine.
We sincerely hope establishing long and friendly business relations with clients from all over the world. Our goal is not just providing product, but also providing a complete solution including product design, tooling, fabrication and service for our customers to achieve their upmost satisfaction.
|Standard:||DIN, ANSI, GB, JIS, BSW|
|Material:||Low Carbon Steel|
|Surface Treatment:||Galvanized Sheet|
How does a flexible coupling protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations?
Flexible couplings play a crucial role in protecting connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations by providing damping and isolation capabilities. When machines or mechanical systems experience sudden shock loads or vibrations, the flexible coupling acts as a buffer, absorbing and dissipating the impact, thereby reducing the transmitted forces and protecting the equipment. Here’s how flexible couplings achieve this:
- Damping of Vibrations: Flexible couplings are often made from materials that exhibit damping properties. When vibrations are transmitted through the shafts, the flexible coupling’s material can absorb a portion of the vibrational energy, converting it into heat. This dissipation of energy helps reduce the amplitude of the vibrations and prevents them from propagating further into the connected equipment.
- Vibration Isolation: In addition to damping vibrations, flexible couplings also offer a degree of vibration isolation. They are designed to decouple the two shafts, which means that vibrations occurring on one shaft are not directly transmitted to the other shaft. This isolation effect prevents vibrations from propagating across the entire system and minimizes the impact on sensitive equipment or nearby components.
- Shock Absorption: When the connected machinery experiences sudden shock loads, such as during a startup or abrupt changes in load, the flexible coupling can act as a shock absorber. The coupling’s design allows it to deform slightly under the impact, absorbing and distributing the shock energy. This prevents the shock from being directly transferred to the connected equipment, reducing the risk of damage or premature wear.
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings are capable of compensating for misalignment between the shafts. Misalignment can lead to additional stresses and vibrations in the system. By allowing for some degree of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, the flexible coupling reduces the forces transmitted to the connected equipment and the supporting structures.
- Reduction of Resonance Effects: Resonance is a phenomenon that occurs when the natural frequency of a system matches the frequency of external vibrations, leading to amplified vibrations. Flexible couplings can help avoid resonance effects by altering the system’s natural frequency and providing some level of flexibility that damps the resonance response.
By incorporating a flexible coupling into the drivetrain or power transmission system, equipment manufacturers and operators can significantly improve the reliability and longevity of connected machinery. The coupling’s ability to dampen vibrations, isolate shocks, and compensate for misalignment contributes to a smoother and more stable operation, reducing maintenance requirements and enhancing overall system performance.
In summary, flexible couplings act as protective elements, shielding connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations. Their ability to dampen vibrations, isolate shocks, and compensate for misalignment contributes to a smoother and more reliable operation of various mechanical systems.
Can flexible couplings be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in various applications. The versatility of flexible couplings allows them to adapt to different types of connections and meet the specific requirements of the system.
When connecting a motor to a shaft, a flexible coupling serves as an intermediary component that joins the motor shaft and the driven shaft. Flexible couplings are commonly used in motor-driven systems to accommodate misalignment between the motor and the driven load. In motor applications, flexible couplings help reduce stress and wear on the motor bearings, thus extending the motor’s life and enhancing overall system reliability. They also act as vibration dampeners, minimizing vibrations transmitted from the motor to the driven shaft, and subsequently to connected equipment, ensuring smoother operation.
In many mechanical systems, such as those in the manufacturing, automation, and power transmission industries, shaft-to-shaft connections are required. A flexible coupling can bridge the gap between two shafts and transmit torque while accommodating misalignment. This type of coupling is commonly used to connect shafts that are not perfectly aligned due to factors like manufacturing tolerances, thermal expansion, or foundation settling. By allowing for misalignment, the flexible coupling protects the connected components from excessive stresses and ensures efficient power transmission.
Versatility and Advantages:
The ability of flexible couplings to handle both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections makes them versatile solutions for a wide range of industrial applications. Some of the advantages of using flexible couplings in these connections include:
- Minimizing stress and wear on connected components, such as bearings and seals.
- Compensating for misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission.
- Damping vibrations and shock loads, reducing the risk of mechanical failures.
- Protecting equipment from excessive forces, enhancing system reliability.
- Simplifying installation and alignment procedures, reducing downtime.
- Improving overall system performance and operational efficiency.
Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, material handling, automotive, aerospace, robotics, and more. Whether connecting a motor to a shaft or joining two shafts directly, flexible couplings play a crucial role in enhancing the reliability and efficiency of rotating machinery and mechanical systems.
In conclusion, flexible couplings can effectively serve as connectors for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections, providing essential misalignment compensation and protection for connected equipment in various industrial applications.
What is a flexible coupling and how does it work?
A flexible coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two shafts while allowing for relative movement between them. It is designed to transmit torque from one shaft to another while compensating for misalignment, vibration, and shock. Flexible couplings are essential components in various rotating machinery and systems, as they help protect the connected equipment and enhance overall performance.
Types of Flexible Couplings:
There are several types of flexible couplings, each with its unique design and characteristics. Some common types include:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings feature elastomer spiders that fit between two hubs. They can accommodate angular and parallel misalignment while dampening vibrations.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs to connect the shafts. They are highly flexible and provide excellent misalignment compensation.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings use gear teeth to transmit torque. They offer high torque capacity and can handle moderate misalignment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, such as a metal beam, to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a bellows-like structure to allow for axial, angular, and parallel misalignment compensation.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot to allow for misalignment compensation.
How a Flexible Coupling Works:
The operation of a flexible coupling depends on its specific design, but the general principles are similar. Let’s take the example of a jaw coupling to explain how a flexible coupling works:
- Two shafts are connected to the coupling hubs on either side, with an elastomer spider placed between them.
- When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the spider to compress and deform slightly, transmitting the torque to the other shaft.
- In case of misalignment between the shafts, the elastomer spider flexes and compensates for the misalignment, ensuring smooth torque transmission without imposing excessive loads on the shafts or connected equipment.
- The elastomer spider also acts as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and shocks during operation, which reduces wear on the equipment and enhances system stability.
Overall, the flexibility and ability to compensate for misalignment are the key features that allow a flexible coupling to function effectively. The choice of a specific flexible coupling type depends on the application’s requirements, such as torque capacity, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions.
editor by CX 2023-10-19